Keyforge Puzzle #1
This week I am going to try something a little different – a Keyforge puzzle. I am going to show you a board state. If you want to have a go at it, you can attempt the presented challenge. Please note the Æmber on your opponent’s creatures. Good luck!
You have no way to stop your opponent from forging, so you must win the game this turn.
The solution can be found below in a spoiler tag. If you have questions, you can feel free to send me a DM. I am SecondAct on most Keyforge Discords and on TCO. Enjoy!
- Call Dis. This will kill Faust, netting you one Æmber and sending Painmail to your archives. You now have three Æmber.
- Pull your archives to put Painmail into your hand.
- Play Painmail on Galeatops. This will gain you an Æmber, moving you to four.
- Fight Overlord Greking into Citizen Shrix. You will gain the two Æmber on Shrix, and Shrix will enter your battle line, though exhausted. You now have six Æmber.
- Reap Gabos Longarms and Infurnace. You now have eight Æmber.
- Activate the Obsidian Forge, sacrificing Infurnace, Overlord Greking, Gabos Longarms, and Citizen Shrix, and that will be exactly enough Æmber to forge your third key and win the game.
Editor’s Note: The reason the Untamed turn doesn’t work is because captured Æmber is moved to your pool only when the creatures leave play, while Keyfrog’s destroyed ability triggers before creatures leave play.